Today I’m going to propose to you to make a lipstick that also brings color. It is a great alternative for those who like to make their own products and also without harmful additives.
I repeat the basic recipe for lip balm.
- 1 teaspoon of beeswax in tablets.
- 1 teaspoon shea butter or cocoa butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
For the color:
- Reds and roses: 1/8 teaspoon of beterraga root powder or a drop of red dye from natural food without chemical additives.
- Brown and bronze: 1/4 teaspoon (or more for more color) of organic cocoa powder, a little bit of cinnamon or turmeric powder to achieve the desired shade.
- For a more matte texture: 1/4 teaspoon of betonite clay mixed with some color.
If you like you can add EATABLE frosting to the one sold to make cakes.
For the aroma a drop of your favorite EDIBLE essential oil.
1.Melt the beeswax, shea butter or cocoa butter and coconut oil in a bain-marie (do not let it boil). It should melt quickly as there are few ingredients.
2.When melted, remove from heat and add optional ingredients for color and aroma. Try mixing them in different proportions to achieve different and fun tones.
3.Once all the ingredients are well mixed but still liquid, use a dropper to pour the mixture into the container of your choice. Fill to the brim and allow to cool for at least half an hour. Store it in a cool place below 25°C so that it does not melt.