Now We will find out how to do a back massage at home. 100% homemade, 100% beneficial… and without spending a dollar!
Have you ever dreamed of receiving a relaxing massage without leaving home and without spending a penny? Do you know how to convince someone to learn to give you a massage?
Clearly, the best solution is, as they say colloquially, to “practice by example”. Massage is half art and half science but, above all, it is desire. You want to produce a general well-being in the other person and achieve the desired effect.
The benefits of massage
The benefits of massage have evolved from ancient times to the present day through very simple techniques to provide relaxation and promote sleep, to the specific development of some more complex and aimed at alleviating or eliminating specific ailments.
Among the main effects achieved through “home” massages, apart from the strictly professional ones, the following effects can be highlighted:
- Physiological-hygienic: provide greater vigor to the body or relieve fatigue.
- Therapeutic: optimize sensory awareness by providing relaxation and well-being.
- Aesthetic-hygienic: relaxes stress and restores muscle tone.
- Psychological-psychological: they regulate and relieve psycho-physical tension.
The back massage, perfect!
A large number of nerve endings are found on the back. In addition, it is an area of the body that develops a great physical effort to maintain the proper posture of the human being to walk upright. Therefore, it is usually a good starting point to begin to learn the technique of massage.
A back massage in 5 steps
First of all, it is essential that you place the recipient of your massage face down, undressed and fully stretched. A little background music, a dim light and a pleasant temperature will be essential for you to relax and enjoy and take full advantage of all the benefits of this practice. Keep in mind that you must have clean hands and apply some oil or moisturizing cream for the proper skin contact.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to how to use your hands to achieve a complete, simple and very beneficial massage – take note!
- Place your hands on the edge of your shoulder blades and massage, gently dragging all your fingers from top to bottom, firmly and gently, without pressure.
- Next, place your hands on both sides of the spinal column from the neck to the sacrum. It’s called the “kneading technique” and that’s exactly what you should do: pretend you’re kneading the ends of your spine slowly and deeply. With this procedure you will be able to loosen the muscular tension.
- Slide your fists to the sides of the spine from the neck to the sacrum. Once you reach that area, spread your hands out to your sides and slide your hands up and down your back in a wavy motion. You must make that movement until you reach the shoulder, where you will slide your hands towards the neck area where you will have to start again.
- Another very pleasant practice is to follow the same type of massage as above but supporting the palm of the hand from the shoulders to the hip. Through the technique of sliding, with the whole hand, all the way back, from the neck to the hip, opening to the sides, you should return to the starting position.
- The last movement will be sliding on the neck, shoulders and down the arms to the hands.
The repetitions of these steps already depend on you and the well-being of your recipient. Always keep in mind that you should not perform these practices in a hurry, under pressure or if it is not possible to create an atmosphere of calm and relaxation as the basic principle of massage is… relax and enjoy!